Norman glassmakers have developed a specialized bottle-manufacturing center that integrates all associated activities, from mould design to final decoration.
The main glassmakers :
- SGD (former Saint-Gobain Desjonquères) and Verreries du Courval, which depends on Pochet Group, are two important companies in term of employees and concerning up-market glass bottles for perfumes.
- From semi-automatic techniques and investing in a 2nd automatic oven in 2008, Verreries Brosse should increase its workforce.
- More known for its know-how in special design bottles for spirits but also other foodstuffs, Saverglass also develops its department dedicated to the glass bottles for perfumes.
- Next to these big companies, a semi-automatic glass factory still lives, Waltersperger, with its much more modest size but which create small series of specific glass bottles for up-market perfumers (factice glass bottles or glass pressed items).
- Alcan Packaging Glass Pharma has specialized in the manufacturing and marketing of transparent or tinted drawn glass tubes for pharmaceutical, paramedical and cosmetic usage covering the three pharmacopoeia classes, as well as blood sampling tubes.
An increase in their flexibility through a better adaptation of their manufacturing equipment to the changing market needs and their constant research into glassmaking improvement techniques as well as their environmental policy, have made it possible for these companies to consolidate their position into that of a world center for bottle manufacturing.